On Call Counsel is seeking a Corporate Paralegal to provide high-level corporate compliance paralegal support to the Legal Department’s legal, regulatory, compliance, corporate governance and government relations functions. This position will serve as a primary internal and external customer service contact for the Legal Department and will be expected to enhance the operational efficiency of the department and responsiveness to its customers, contributing to the accomplishment of corporate and department goals.
- Corporate Compliance Program Support – manage projects and provide compliance program and related administrative assistance in the following areas of responsibility:
- Corporate compliance policies and associated training
- Privacy/cybersecurity and incident response
- Insurance market conduct/regulatory exams and inquiries
- Customer due diligence questionnaires
- Conflict of interest questionnaire process
- Complaint and whistle blower hotline
- Internal and external audit requests.
- Public Company Compliance Support – perform support tasks related to the following activities:
- SEC regulatory filings, e.g., 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, disclosure statements, proxy statements, disclosure committee preparation, SOX certifications, Directors’ and
- Officers’ Questionnaire process, equity plan filings and communications
- Sec 16 officer reports, 10b5-1 trading plans, Form ID and Forms 3, 4 and 5,maintain officer and director vesting calendar
- Monitor ongoing compliance with NASDAQ listing requirements
- Insider Trading Policy communications, maintain trading window calendar
- Warrant exercise process
- Internal and external auditor requests.
- Corporate Governance Support
- Board of Directors meeting logistics and preparation of materials
- Utilize board book portal to create and distribute Board communications
- Custody and maintenance of corporate records, minutes, seals and ledgers
- Provide administrative support to state insurance regulatory filings (e.g., Forms B/C/D, notification of key officers, etc.)
- Annual shareholder meeting logistics.
- Identify and implement process improvements, and independently update department documents as needed
- Enhance and maintain legal department filing system, and provide administrative support to contract management program
- Interact regularly with employees at all levels, and act as a liaison with vendors, auditors and clients, including the Board of Directors
- Arrange meetings, travel, and conferences, handle detailed and complex logistics related to large meetings and executive travel arrangements
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of office and department personnel needs, including its environment, supplies, birthday/anniversary recognition, and supporting technologies
- Provide research and ad hoc assistance, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law, a related field or the equivalent work experience.
- Paralegal certificate preferred but not required.
- Minimum of seven years of corporate legal experience, ideally with compliance and/or corporate governance responsibilities (at an in-house legal department, a top-tier law firm or a combination thereof).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, Outlook, Nitro Pro, Diligent OneClick, Workiva, EchoSign and Adaptive Insights. Demonstrates a high degree of analytical capability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently under general direction with latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Works ethically and with integrity supporting organizational goals and values.
- Maintains confidentiality of information, exercises appropriate discretion and uses information appropriately.
- Displays commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
- Completes work in a timely manner, prioritizes competing demands appropriately and meets deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to changing priorities and varied duties daily.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and treats others with respect.
- Fosters collaboration toward a common vision and shared goals.