On Call Counsel is seeking Corporate Counsel for a growing national company, to provide legal advice on its business matters as it pertains to patents, NDAs, labor agreements, regulatory measures, taxation, and intellectual property rights.
The Corporate Counsel’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, negotiating and drafting contractual agreements specifically relating to intellectual property rights and trade secrets; preparing requests for proposals as well as other legal documents; developing diverse corporate procedures and policies; managing budgets; ensuring regulatory compliance; and consulting with management and other departments.
To be a successful Corporate Counsel with the company one should be focused on protecting the reputation and assets of the company. One should be detail-oriented, knowledgeable, and persuasive, with excellent communication skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing organization and make a huge difference. The rewards and opportunity for success are significant. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
If you are a US licensed attorney with at least 5 years of commercial law experience and you have the requisite qualifications, please submit a resume which highlights your relevant experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Negotiating, drafting, and executing agreements and contracts on behalf of the company.
- Handling commercial deals from start to finish.
- Offering legal advice on a variety of legal issues.
- Consulting with executives and departmental heads within the company.
- Counseling on legal risks and liabilities associated with different deals.
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the company.
- Ensuring all business processes, strategies, and actions comply with all relevant local, state, federal, and international laws.
- Managing multiple clients and legal activities that carry varying deadlines.
- Actively licensed and in good standing to practice law in any US jurisdiction, preferably New York State.
- At least 5 years of commercial law experience, especially handling deals specific to industrial or energy companies
- Experience in intellectual property litigation or transactional matters
- Knowledge of offtake agreements is highly preferred.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical reasoning, and negotiation skills.
- Strong research, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Good leadership, organizational, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems.
- The ability to work under pressure and time constraints to meet deadlines.