Corporate and Securities Attorney
Our client, a financial technology company is seeking a Corporate and Securities Attorney for a long term temp position in their Midtown, Manhattan office. This position will be onsite. The Corporate and Securities Attorney will be working closely with the General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer while supporting the legal team with compliance issues, general corporate transactions, M&A, and financing activities. This individual will manage the securities reporting obligations of the company (’33 Act and ’34 Act) and ensure compliance with all securities rules and regulations. The ideal Corporate and Securities Attorney will have at least 5 years of general corporate, securities, and M&A experience. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference with a diverse and growing company. Pay rate commensurate with experience. If you are a Corporate and Securities Attorney with at least 5 years of general corporate and securities experience and you have the requisite qualifications, please submit a resume which highlights your relevant experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Managing the securities reporting obligations of the company (33 Act and 34 Act)
- Ensuring compliance with securities laws, rules and regulations, including listing standards
- Preparing and filing Forms 8-K, 10-Q and 10-K, registration statements, Section 16 filings, 10b5-1 trading plans, annual proxy statements, and all related filings
- Assisting the Legal & Compliance team with maintaining governance policies and practices, including those related to insider trading, corporate governance guidelines, and committee charters
- Drafting, negotiating, and reviewing non-disclosure agreements, asset and stock purchase/sale agreements, joint venture and partnership agreements, and other strategic partnership-related documents
- Coordinating and overseeing due diligence activities
- Providing risk-aware, actionable legal advice on M&A projects and initiatives
- Securities and governance-related support for mergers and acquisitions, strategic investments and other corporate transactions
- Preparing for the annual shareholder meeting
- Providing counsel and advice regarding corporate governance requirements and best practices
- Partnering with global cross-functional teams, including Public Relations, Investor Relations, Treasury and Tax on various projects
- Actively licensed and in good standing to practice law in any US jurisdiction.
- At least 5 years of general corporate, securities, M&A and other transactional experience at a leading law firm or in-house.
- Experience drafting and reviewing proxy statements, including the D&O Questionnaire process.
- Experience drafting and reviewing Form 10-K, with familiarity of the new S-K rules.
- Familiarity with Section 16 filings and stock administration, such as 10b6-1.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Team player with ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Excellent legal and business judgment.