Copy Operator/Reprographics Operator
The Reprographics Operator provides support to the Reprographics team including copying, binding and finishing jobs for fee earners.
- Heavy photocopying and faxing, binding, etc. while ensuring that all jobs are properly documented into the Equitrac billing system.
- Will use IPro and LAW software to produce high quality reproductions and jobs as directed by the fee earners.
- Heavy use of Canon ImageRunner 7105, 105 and scanning equipment.
- Runs high volume copy machines and performs binding and finishing work.
- Ensures copiers are working properly, checking for quality via daily inspections.
- Clears paper jams and informs technicians of specific problems.
- Determines the most efficient manner in which to complete a job based on fee earners’ specifications, ie in-house or via vendor.
- Maintains records for management reports and inventories of supplies needed.
- Distributes office supplies, fax transmissions and mail to company personnel and/or designated drop-off points as required.
- Serve as a backup for all functions associated with the NY office’s mail room; ensure that all mail and courier packages are received and distributed immediately throughout the floor to all attorneys and support staff over the course of the day
- Ensure that all mail/packages are sent out in the manner dictated by attorneys or their secretaries.
- Thorough knowledge of all office equipment. Some light maintenance may be required (such as clearing paper jams, changing toner, adding paper to printers etc.).
- Establish as appropriate and comply with appropriate filing systems. Regular filing of materials and shredding of unwanted papers.
- Ability to access and retrieve information on demand and knowledge of the whereabouts of papers, files etc.
- Keep up to date with current issues and maintaining a list of all outstanding matters in order to keep the reproduction services and office services operating seamlessly.
- Knowledge of the offices, policies and procedures of the firm in order to deal with or assist in dealing with queries.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word & Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint and Snippy tool.
- Strong Reprographics operations experience working in a fast paced Law firm environment.
Exceptional customer service and communications skills.
- Thorough working knowledge of Xerox high capacity and Canon Image Runner copier equipment, as well as print management interface and Microsoft Suite.
- Must have the ability to trouble shoot a variety of equipment issues to minimize equipment downtime
- Experience with high capacity punching and binding equipment.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships and interacts with all levels of staff including partners and senior management.
- Must be exceptionally detail oriented with outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and handle time-sensitive requests with the appropriate sense of urgency.
- Ability to work well independently or with a team.
- Must demonstrate excellent problem solving skills.
- Model exceptional work habits and set an example for the team with regards to:
Adherence to department and firm policies and procedures
- Taking initiative and willingness to assist others
- Professional appearance and presence
- Maintaining a positive, approachable and respectful demeanor – ability to develop and maintain a professional and friendly rapport with attorneys, staff and external vendors
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Maintaining the highest level confidentiality (i.e. properly shredding and discarding of copies that may need to be redone and when delivering to stakeholder or clients.)
- Flexibility with schedule and ability and willingness to work overtime when necessary to complete assignments.