Coordinator Training Content Development
Full-Time - REMOTE
Reports to: Manager of Content Development & Delivery
Description: Our client is a recognized leader in the emotional health field, providing much needed services in a variety of settings. Whether through advocacy, education, innovation, therapy referral services, community programs, crisis and support helplines, emotional wellness awareness or emotional crisis preparation and management, our client relies on its purpose driven approach to help others who are struggling. With strict adherence to core values that promote dignity, respect, and mental and emotional wellbeing for all, our client seeks individuals who align with their mission and want to make a difference, providing care and support, one person at a time.
Currently, our client is seeking talented and dedicated individuals to join one of their newest ventures in support of a 24/7/365 crisis helpline that will change the accessibility for anyone trying to cope with mental or emotional challenges which could be life threatening.
Position Objective: Responsible for developing trainings and other educational resources provided to the crisis helpline network members (170+ independently owned crisis centers across the country). The trainings and resources developed by the crisis helpline help improve crisis counselors’ understanding and skills so they can more effectively support people in crisis or experiencing emotional distress. This position requires experience writing about best practices in crisis counseling services via phone, chat and text.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write content for trainings offered to crisis centers in the Lifeline network.
- Create outlines on specific topics relevant to crisis counselors who take calls, texts, and chats. Research content areas as needed.
- Collaborate with other subject matter experts on the clinical team to conceptualize content and translate best practices in crisis counseling into clear, easy-to-understand concepts, explanations, examples, and realistic case studies.
- Write content for online self-paced trainings, including but not limited to main lessons, case studies, quizzes, and handouts.
- Edit and update content based on feedback, new research, etc.
- Develop content for other educational materials related to crisis counselor training
- Develop written case studies
- Draft scripts for audio and/or video
- Write final assessments
- Write role plays for in person trainings that includes criteria for success/scoring and as feedback/ guidance Coordinate various phases of the content development process for trainings and other educational materials (e.g., outline, review/feedback, text/chat case studies)
- Write content for handouts, tip sheets, website content, blogs and other various educational resources as needed.
- Solicit input and feedback from subject matter experts and other colleagues with clinical expertise Work with instructional designers, tech specialists, communications, vendors, and other stakeholders throughout the training development process.
- Deliver internal presentations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent and diverse writing style (e.g., narrative, case studies, online interactive activities, role plays, fact sheets)
- Writes engaging, easy-to-understand content for audiences at varying levels of experience. Capacity to research and synthesize complex and nuanced crisis helpline concepts. Knowledge of suicide crisis counseling.
- Receptive to feedback from multiple reviewers and willing to integrate their changes and suggestions. Solid verbal skills to communicate the status, needs and potential delays of assigned tasks Skills with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with G Suite products, including google sheets and google forms. Strong analytical skills and the ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Capacity to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Flexible, versatile, and effective in a changing work environment.
- Courteous and professional manner.
- 3-5 years’ experience developing content for in person and/or online trainings.
- Experience with suicide prevention crisis services via phone, text, chat, apps, and online platforms required.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Minimum of a BS/BA degree; Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or a related field, preferred.
Salary: $60K - $65K
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.