- Cleans food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, equipment and utensils.
- Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
- Measures ingredients required for specific food to be prepared.
- Washes, cuts, chops and prepares foods designated for cooking.
- Follows menu in preparing meals.
- Follows recipes in cooking meals.
- Cleans, stocks and restocks workstation and supply area.
- Must be clean before, during and after cooking.
- Orders and takes delivery of supplies.
- Cleans up kitchen and takes care of leftover food.
- Complies with nutrition and sanitary regulations and safety standards.
- Maintains a positive and professional approach with co-workers and clients.
- Performs other duties as requested
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- At least two years of prior experience as a Cook.
- Course in Food Handling with completed Certificate is required.
- Good understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with best practices.
- Ability to interact effectively with clients and staff.