A non-profit human services organization is seeking an experienced Controller to join its finance team. The position reports to the CFO and requires experience managing accounting operations staff.
- Financial statement preparation, financial reporting and month-end closings.
- Perform extensive analysis of balance sheet and other financial statements.
- Prepare management reports for the Board.
- Manage accounting operations staff and payroll.
- Manage the budget planning process.
- Coordinate year end audit and government audits.
- Oversee cash management and banking.
- Experience with grants, state and government agencies.
- Prepare CFR and SSOP reports, Form 990.
- Manage special finance projects.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting of Finance. MBA a plus.
- Experience with Financial Edge and Raiser’s Edge REQUIRED
- 10 years experience in accounting management position non-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of government agencies.
- Solid non-profit operating budget experience.
- Staff management experience required.
- Must have experience with non-profit accounting systems, advanced Excel skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.