On Call Counsel is seeking a New York licensed attorney for a temporary assignment located in Downtown Manhattan. The position is expected to start on Monday, January 22nd, 2018, and last until the end of June 2018. If you have the requisite background and are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please submit an updated resume in both Word and PDF formats to email@example.com.
- Reviewing attorneys’ fees timesheets to draft settlement memos in order to get authority to settle attorneys’ fees in cases under the IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act).
- Ability to negotiate attorneys’ fees assertively with opposing counsel when arguing the case.
- Comfortable appearing before a Judge as some appearances, not regularly, will be required before Federal Judges and Magistrate Judges.
- Ability to draft Answers, Settlement Memos and Briefs.
- Actively licensed to practice and in Good Standing in both State and Federal Courts.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing a large number of documents and records.
- Candidates must have strong analytic, research, writing, and communication skills.