NYC Firm seeking Vendor Research and Price Analysis Attorney who will be responsible for assisting the Director of Compliance and Investigations addressing matters of contract compliance. In addition, the Agency Attorney Temp - Vendor Research and Price Analysis, is responsible for assisting in fulfilling the Department’s obligation to only award contracts to “responsible” vendors by assisting in the research and evaluation of potentially adverse information. Performs related work.
- Must be admitted to practice law in both New York State and Federal Courts.
- Receives legal training in Agency specialty legal work.
- Assists in preparing and reviewing investigative reports, confers with other attorneys both in and out of the Department, consults with specialists in various areas including but not limited to audit, tax, finance, labor, etc.
- Researches information which may include legal cases, opinions and decisions and abstracts, and lien documents, laws, statutes, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to determine vendor compliance.
- Analyzes legal documents including agency contracts.
- Assists in the review and interpretation of existing laws, rules and regulations, law related and otherwise.
- Evaluates the legal aspects of proposals affecting Agency operations.
- Reviews contracts in order to determine whether vendors are in compliance with the terms and conditions as they relate to price, performance, etc.
- Determines which legal and other issues require more legal analysis and review and refers matters via memoranda to the appropriate authorities.
- Recommends resolution of complex contract compliance matters, including vendor reimbursement of funds received through erroneous billing and other corrective actions.
- Researches prospective vendors to principal owners/officers, conducting research utilizing public and proprietary databases.
- May recommend that a vendor be found non-responsible and be determined not eligible to receive a contract award from the Department.
- Processes, records, and stores information including, but not limited to, compiling, reviewing, and maintaining all information and evidence gathered pertaining to qualifications, histories, and allegations of impropriety regarding vendors and their owners, officers and employees.
- Communicates clearly and effectively, with vendors and city, state, and federal agencies to resolve problems discovered during a background check while always maintaining a proper professional demeanor.
- Prepares reports containing information collected from background checks.
- Familiarity with matters of vendor responsibility, contract compliance, or government procurement.
- Accountable and proactive with excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, leadership, organizational, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; critical writing and problem-solving skills.
- Able to multitask to complete job functions in an orderly, efficient manner.
- Performs detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use computer software programs used in researching information and preparing reports.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and research tools.
- Strong Excel skills to analyze large amounts of data and report in summary format.
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com