We are looking to fill a contract role for a Contract Specialist that will draft and administer solicitations specific to the construction/engineering market; Read, write and review contracts, work with vendors to establish and maintain relationships. Role is anticipated to be up to 6 months plus.
- Act as a resource to project teams in evaluation techniques for solicitations; facilitate bidders conferences and draft addenda.
- Facilitate the award process, issue notice of intent to award; address protests, as needed; draft complex contracts, work on task orders, and amendments, and process construction change orders.
- Work closely with project staff to ensure work specifications, partner with legal staff to address high risk components, negotiate contract terms & conditions.
- Interact with vendors.
- Contact construction/engineering vendors to discuss possible opportunities to compete for work with the client and to determine their suitability which requires extensive knowledge of the market.
- Independently conduct research within the clients processes and procedures, including researching historic solicitations and contracts, especially with respect to construction, design-build and CMR programs.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 4-6 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and rules associated with contract development, administration and termination.
- Knowledge of contract types, methods and techniques including cost and incentive contracting, cost-sharing arrangements, award fee, processing of unsolicited proposals and multiple awards.
- Understand the available resources when advertising for construction, D-B and CMR services.