Contract Corporate Counsel
- Handle day-to-day management of corporate governance and due diligence matters, which may include, but is not limited to, preparing and maintaining certain regulatory filings, and preparing and maintaining corporate entity records and entity organization charts.
- Work closely with finance, legal, and compliance teams and outside counsel for corporate governance and due diligence matters, which may include but is not limited to, matters pertaining to money services businesses (MSBs)/money transmitters (MTs).
- Assist with coordination and preparation for state and federal regulatory exams and audits.
- Process and manage subpoenas and information requests, including collection of requested documents and preparation of responses.
- Draft and review form consulting, services, non-disclosure and license agreements.
- Conduct legal, regulatory, and factual research.
- Maintain legal team’s paper file and storage system of legal documents, including filing a backlog of legal documents.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
- Ability to multi-task and re-order priorities.
- Work well under pressure, independently and on a team.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to proactively assume responsibility and adapt quickly to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school
- California bar membership in good standing
- Proven experience (3-5 years) at large law firm and/or corporation
- Experience working with consumer financial laws, regulated entities, and AML, Fraud, or risk management (a plus)
- Knowledge of fraud investigation related to online transactions (a plus)
- Start-up experience (a plus)