Commercial Contracts Attorney
Our client, a well-known banking institution in the U.S., is seeking a Commercial Contracts Attorney to join their New York City office for a temporary position. This is a full-time temp position expected to last approximately four months.
The Commercial Contracts Attorney will be working closely with the Legal Division Manager, assisting with the preparation and negotiation of a variety of commercial contracts; assessing and mitigating risks; conducting investigations; handling disputes and pre-litigation demands. The organization promotes personal and professional growth along with team collaboration. It seeks individuals who are interested in taking their career to a new level, show initiative, and work well in group settings.
The ideal Commercial Contracts Attorney will have 5 to 7 years of legal experience at a large/top-tier law firm or financial institution with emphasis on corporate transactional matters and financial services. This is a junior to mid-level position that requires a confident, analytical minded individual who can interface with all levels of authority, provide risk assessments, and identify new opportunities to improve processes.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a prestigious and diverse practice at a great organization. Competitive compensation package.
If you are a Commercial Contracts Attorney with 5 to 7 years of experience at a large/top-tier law firm or financial institution with emphasis on corporate transactional matters and financial services and you have the requisite qualifications, please submit a resume which highlights your relevant experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
• Providing legal advice and support across all business and operations units, including, but not limited to, preparing, negotiating and advising on a wide range of commercial agreements and legal documents, such as purchase and sale agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, marketing agreements, sponsorship agreements, referral agreements, third party service provider agreements, license agreements, software agreements, commercial leases, term sheets, consumer and commercial loan documentation, product disclosures and standard terms and conditions, and commercial and retail banking forms and templates.
• Providing legal support on strategic matters and initiatives, including the management of various projects from time to time.
• Proactively identifying and creating process efficiencies and mitigating risks to the institution through facilitation, escalation and collaboration of matters with stakeholders, including advising on various regulatory, litigation, reputational and operational risk events.
• Engaging with stakeholders to support product development, support product campaigns, review marketing and advertising materials and advising on customer communications.
• Fielding inquiries, performing investigations and providing appropriate guidance on all matters pertaining to the institutions retail banking network of branches.
• Working with outside counsel on various litigation, transactional and regulatory engagements, among other things, and enforcing outside counsel engagement and case management policies and procedures.
• Investigating and handling disputes.
• Conducting legal research as necessary to support the needs and activities of the institution and the legal division.
• Participating in and supporting the resolution of non-performing loan portfolios, workout and bankruptcy matters.
• Monitoring of legal and regulatory developments impacting the financial services industry and the institution and ensuring legal compliance in all areas of the institutions operations.
• Actively licensed to practice law and in good standing in the State of New York
• Judicial clerkship highly preferred.
• 5-7+ years of legal experience at a large/top-tier law firm or financial institution with emphasis on corporate transactional matters and financial services.
• Comprehensive knowledge of banking regulations and general knowledge of bank operations.
• Demonstrated knowledge, expertise and skills in project and transaction management.
• Strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Results and detail oriented to drive deadlines to completion and collaborate effectively in extremely fast-paced, high stress situations.
• Ability to effectively supervise, coordinate and manage, as necessary, multiple priorities, projects and deadlines simultaneously.
• Ability to resolve both novel and complex issues and align guidance across stakeholder groups.
• Demonstrated competencies in: (i) working independently and as part of a team; (ii) engendering trust, respect, credibility and the development of strong working relationships with legal division colleagues, business clients and outside counsel; (iii) working well in cross-cultural, cross-functional team settings; (iv) organizing, maintaining and tracking matters, filings and documents as appropriate; and (v) motivating others.
• Confidence to interact with and advise senior management and division managers across the institution.
• Highly proficient in utilizing online legal research tools.