We are currently hiring experience Collection Specialists to work for a predominant company throughout Fairfield County.
- Collect overdue payments via phone and written correspondence
- Process payments
- Suggest schedules for repayments/settlements
- Regularly follow up to ensure monies are collected
- Document all relevant information from all conversations.
- Maintain expected quotas for calls, contacts, pending payments, etc.
- Creatively locate debtors who no longer have accurate contact information.
- Also work with companies who provide these services
- Handle requisite documentation towards account reconciliation, required adverse action, and any reporting requirements.
- Act as liaison with companies assisting with collections activity.
- Collection and disseminate all appropriate documents for customer restructure requests to Credit.
- Create documentation and correspondence
- Communicate and share information with other internal departments as needed
- Prepare and place accounts for repossession; monitor and document activities.
- Prepare and request accounts that have been repossessed to be inventoried.
- 1+ year of collections experience
- 4-year degree preferred
- Demonstrable mathematics skills and understanding units of measure.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, discounts and percentages.
- Strong PC computer skills inclusive of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to pick up new programs.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and overtime as needed