Remote Clinical Supervisor
Position Objective: The Clinical Supervisor serves as the primary, on-site supervisor and team leader for a designated shift and provides direct clinical and administrative supervision to crisis counselors. Clinical Supervisors provide oversight across different service tracks and hotlines and provide additional content supervision and consultation for one specialized track as necessary.
Reports to: Clinical Manager
Schedule: 9 am - 5 pm Tuesday - Saturday (Sunday/Monday off) ONLY!
Major duties and responsibilities
- Provide ongoing clinical, administrative, and technical supervision to direct reports; review the application of clinical skills, provide coaching where necessary, identify areas of improvement, and make recommendations for remediation in consultation with the Training department.
- Ensure compliance of direct reports with clinical training and supervision requirements.
- Attend bi-monthly clinical supervision and ongoing seminars as indicated.
- Conduct contact call monitoring for quality improvement and training purposes; work directly with the Quality Improvement Department.
- Collaborate with crisis counselors in de-escalation of client contacts that warrant supervisory intervention (through live coaching of crisis counselor and/or contact with client).
- Adhere to a performance-based management approach utilizing key performance indicators to make a data-driven evaluation.
- Maintain responsibility for meeting service levels and maintaining efficient operations during a given shift.
- Answer hotline calls as necessary to maintain service levels during call volume surges, staffing shortages, and/or when otherwise needed to maintain service levels.
- Perform annual evaluation of all direct reports.
- Work with program leadership to ensure efficient dissemination of all policy and program changes, and assist with the implementation of new programs.
- Complete monthly reports as indicated for quality improvement and operations.
- Coordinate and manage regular communications with internal and external partners relevant to the program if applicable.
- Recommend program design modifications as needed to ensure the program supports innovations in mental health.
- On-call duties as needed.
- Valid NYS License (LMSW, LCSW, LMHC, LMFT).
- A minimum of 1-2 years of supervisory experience in a behavioral health setting.
- Experience providing high-quality clinical supervision to direct reports, discussing topics such as transference/countertransference, compassion fatigue, and self-care.
- Comfortability in having corrective conversations and implementing progressive discipline with direct reports.
- Ability to exercise sound clinical judgment in a fast-paced environment to provide clinical guidance and coaching to counselors.
- Familiarity with Motivational Interviewing skills and conflict-resolution skills in order to effectively engage with crisis counselors in a supportive and collaborative manner.
- Superior time management skills as evidenced by timely submission of all required documentation including comprehensive and detailed supervision notes.
- Aptitude in seamlessly transitioning from one task to another, whilst managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously. Knowledge of mental health resources in the New York metropolitan area.
- Fluency in the English language, both oral and written
- License to practice assessment and/or psychotherapy in NYS State, along with a master's degree in psychology, social work, or related field.
- Three years experience with the practice of assessment and/or psychotherapy, and preferably with administrative/supervisory duties.
- Crisis intervention and/or mental health information and referral services experience a plus. Applicants should be comfortable working independently.
- Copy of NYS license to practice, and current registration required by date of hire. National Provider Identification number required by date of hire; instructions for securing NPI number will be provided.
- Fluency in Spanish or another language is a plus.
Salary: $70 - $78K
Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision. Life insurance, 401K, Transit checks, Legal Services, and much more
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.