· Perform all routine testing in Hematology, coagulation, chemistry and special chemistry according to laboratory SOP’s
· Perform required instrument maintenance and QC according to laboratory SOP’s
· Maintains, calibrates and validates the instruments/assays assigned to the section according to written laboratory procedures.
· Maintain laboratory inventory and order supplies as needed
· Assists with sample receipt and accessioning when necessary
· Monitors pending logs to ensure all testing is complete
· Responsible for performing proficiency testing in the section.
· Enters, reviews and releases information in the LIS, such as test and quality control results and appropriate comments
· Responsible for maintaining all paperwork associated with the section.
· Other duties as necessary
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
· Previous laboratory experience preferred
· Ability to deal with problems involving several variables
· Good organizational skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Minimum associates degree in Medical technology
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program preferred
· Current NYS License as Clinical Laboratory Technician/Technologist
· Current resume detailing accomplishments