Certified Surgical Technician
- Prepares for the pre-assigned cases using physician preference.
- Setting up the operating room prior to surgery.
- Opens supplies/instruments utilizing aseptic technique.
- Pass instruments to physician during surgery.
- Follows established policies and procedures as it relates to counting of sponges, instruments etc.
- Initiates corrective action when counts are incorrect.
- Anticipate the need of the surgical team and communicate effectively with the team to ensure quality of patient care.
- Perform any and all other duties assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology. (required)
- Must have surgical technician certification.
- You must meet the NY requirements under the Surgical Technologist law to be considered for this opportunity.
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 1 year surgical scrub experience (Preferred)
- Must be self-starter who works well independently
- Time management and prioritizing skills a must