Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Case Manager I determines the client needs for assistance, arranges for services, provides information and referral and assists the Program Manager to plan and coordinate education/recreational activities for the Program.
- Assess needs and provide information, referral and case assistance to seniors.
- Develop appropriate care plan and follow through to disposition.
- Maintain records, case files and statistics regarding client files and activities according to DFTA and agency regulations.
- Lead a group discussion at least biweekly.
- Coordinate the publication of centers monthly newsletter.
- Write a short benefits column in the monthly newsletter.
- Provide monthly benefits information workshop for seniors.
- Schedule speakers on benefits and resources monthly.
- Coordinate special events and activities as assigned by Program Manager.
- Enter client data into funding sources software.
- Attend any required training, workshops or conferences.
- Assist program manager to develop monthly activity calendar.
- Represent Center at community meetings as assigned.
- Participate in Advisory Board and Committee meetings when possible.
- May supervise volunteers and student interns.
- May assume responsibilities of Program Manager in his/her absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in social work or related field.
- Good verbal and written command of the English language.
- Experience working with the elderly preferred.
- Experience with case assistance and/entitlement counseling.
- Proficient in computer software applications, Excel, and Microsoft Office.
- Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Should be able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and office equipment.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and walking.
- Able to stretch and bend to retrieve files.
- Ability to lift up to 10lbs.
- Ability to read computer screens, printed and handwritten materials.
- Ability to talk on a microphone before a group.
- Able to travel to programs, meetings, conferences, and other locations throughout the five boroughs as needed.