Case Manager III renders professional intervention to clients at risk of homelessness and homeless clients through assessment, intake, crisis intervention, information and referral, short and long-term comprehensive case management and financial assistance.
- Provide brief and full case services to determine participants eligibility
- Carry a caseload of 60 or more.
- Work out of multiple sites as assigned, make home and field visits.
- Ensure that you are in communication with clients as needed.
- Advocate on behalf of programs participants to ensure they receive work support services, rental assistance, food stamps, Medicaid, subsidized childcare.
- Maintain case records, complete progress notes and corresponding database.
- Provide guidance to clients in dealing with housing-related issues including developing a list of reliable landlords/brokers for the purpose of finding affordable housing.
- Assess the needs of the whole consumer/family including their basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Social Service related field required
- Experience providing direct services to at-risk populations or individuals/families previously in shelter preferred
- Bilingual skills (Spanish) a plus
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings according to the needs of program operation
- Able to conduct home/field visits and travel throughout the five boroughs as needed.