- Provide case management services, assessment and intake of participants to determine eligibility for services
- Advocate on behalf of program participants to ensure they receive work support services such as EITC, rental assistance, food stamps, Medicaid, subsidized childcare
- Provide guidance to clients in dealing with housing-related issues including developing a list of reliable landlords/brokers for the purpose of finding affordable housing
- Accompany clients to apartment viewings.
- Respond to telephone and walk-in inquires, conduct pre-screenings; provide brief and full services and all related aftercare services.
- Carry a caseload required to meet funding source targets.
- Home and field visit meetings regularly and consistently with clients as per contract.
- Attend weekly supervision.
- Participate in cross-program service reviews that support the planning and coordination of service delivery and service closure.
- Establish and maintain case records including completing progress notes. Ensure all relevant case related information is inputted into case files and corresponding databases.
- Timely, accurate submission of financial assistance requests with the approval of supervisory staff.
- Assist participants with understanding leases, securing utilities, and making moving arrangements.
- Assess the needs of the whole consumer/family including their basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter.
- Ensure that referrals are made to appropriate internal and external services as required to meet the consumer’s/family’s needs.
- Associates degree with 3 years of experience, a BA with a year of experience or a MS/MA degree in social service-related field required.
- Ability to travel to Brooklyn, Queen, Bronx, NYC and maintain a flexible schedule.
- Experience providing direct services to at-risk populations or individuals/families previously in shelter preferred.
- Ability to use Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Bilingual skills in Spanish a plus.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Experience supervising interns is a plus.
- Good organizational skills.