The Care Coordinator (Case Manager) functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide care coordination to a caseload of severely mentally ill adults with multiple medical comorbidities and/or co-occurring substance abuse disorders and/or medically ill individuals.
- Conducts initial and ongoing assessments of assigned clients to document strengths, needs, goals and resources.
- Ability to handle a case load of up to 40 clients and visit each on a weekly/monthly basis
- Participates in the development/documentation /review and update of client centered comprehensive, integrated, interdisciplinary care plan in consultation with other team members to ensure focus on desired outcomes.
- Maintains effective communications with clients, primary care physicians, substance abuse and mental healthcare providers, family, collateral resources and other Agency staff on behalf of clients.
- Maintains documents, records, statistics, and other related reports in an organized, timely and accurate manner as per policy and procedure.
- Coordinates care planning with other providers of services/ resources to ensure goal directed, collaborative care, including care transitions.
Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, nursing, rehabilitation, occupational therapy, physical therapy, counseling, community Mental health, child and family studies, sociology and speech and hearing and four years of related human services experience required in providing direct services to mental illness.
Master’s degree in the above fields and two years of related human services experience required in providing direct services to mentally, developmentally or other disabled clients in order to link them to a broad range of services essential to successfully living in the community.
Skills and/or Experience Required:
•Experienced in and demonstrated comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of the interdisciplinary planning process and the developmental treatment model.
•Knowledge of Medicaid, Social Security and other entitlements preferred.
•You must have the ability and willingness to travel regularly, in some instances with clients in Agency vehicles, to many locations using various modes of reliable and safe transportation