We are currently seeking a Business Manager for a community based nonprofit organization who will report to the Assistant Director of Financial Services. In this role, the Business Manager will be responsible for the capital fund as well as writing checks, creating depreciation cards, tracking depreciation, writing off full depreciated assets and recording all appropriate entries into the accounting software. Bookkeeping is essential for processing and reconciling all residential monthly expenses and bank accounts including proofing General Ledger for accuracy.
- Researching and gathering data in preparation of creating a budget.
- Assist in researching and gathering data in preparation of completing required reports for the State and Federal Government, as well as reports in general.
- Assist Director and Assist Director of Financial Services as assigned (i.e., Accounts Payable, Receivables and Payroll).
- Learn and implement company policies and procedures regarding the Residential Benefits Coordinators position and any other area of the Accounting Department deemed necessary by the Director of Financial Services.
- Create and maintain necessary spreadsheet records for depreciation, DDS monthly billing amount and information for audits.
- Complete financial report for departments and other entities including production of monthly financial statements and year end documents.
- Respond to audit requests for entities and departments.
- Communicate with related board members for the Organization.
- Attend Business Manager Meetings and communicate related information to appropriate parties.
- Safeguard human and civil rights of all staff and program participants under his/her supervision.
- Serve as role model and outstanding citizen for program participants.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration / general accounting or similar experience
- 2 years accounting experience including one year AP/AR experience
- Must have excellent communication and follow-up skills
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Experience with Sage software (i.e.. Abila, MIP, etc.) preferred