A very large prestigious international organization is looking for a talented Business Analyst. As part of revamping their core line-of-business information processing system, the New York City based client had developed several ‘TO-BE’ business processes. However, at the end of the system implementation project, due to a multitude of factors, the end-processes (and the implementation in the system) varies from the originally conceived desired state.
Furthermore, the system design documents (SDD) may also be out-of-sync with the current production system.
The objective of this engagement is to:
· Review the business process management and governance framework established at the on-set of the information systems implementation project
· Capture the actual (on-ground) business process (capture AS-IS)
· Identify variation from the SDD.
· Perform variance analysis (difference between the desired TO-BE state and the implemented AS-IS state)
· Work with the client on optimization plan to change and achieve the TO-BE state.
· Updated Business Processes Management Framework
· Current/Updated Process maps
· Variance analysis
· Financial Business Process Analysis: Proven experience of
working in the financial business sector – investment and/or
pension fund management.
· Business Process Analysis Tools: using different tools used for
business process modelling such as UML or BPMN.
· Best Practices: Knowledge of governance, quality and security
o Excellent Communication and presentation skills.
o Ability to promote positive relationships between the
client and its customers.
o Strong negotiating skills and interpersonal skills.
o Responsible, takes initiative and demonstrates a flexible
approach to managing shifting priorities and workload.
o Ability to promote a customer-centric approach to services
Security: Knowledge of data and information security; especially
security in software architecture and development.
· Software Architecture Principles/Patterns: Understanding of
different software design principles and patterns.
· Familiarity with any modern programming languages
· Data modelling and Database Management systems
· A first level university degree and a relevant combination of
academic qualifications, certifications and experience.
· Additional certifications in information systems as part of continuous
learning to support the essential knowledge and skills requirements.
· Software Project Management certifications
· Seven years or more of progressing experience in business process
analysis with at least 3 years in the line of business (financial
investment and/or pension fund management).
· Recent and proven experience in business analysis and process
documentation; covering the functional knowledge and skills
· Team building and managing cross-functional teams.
· Experience in software development; specifically, on Java based