Under the supervision of the Budget Supervisor, Budget Analyst I is responsible for the financial management of assigned programs and contracts. Budget Analyst I provides quarterly vs. actual reports with an explanation of variances and submit timely budget modifications. The Budget Analyst I will adhere and support the Agency’s mission, vision, and code of ethics, policies/practices.
• Reviews and approves Budget Analyst II monthly claims and other related analysis.
• Submits accurate and timely claim (s) to funding sources.
• Provides Quarterly Budget vs. Actual Reports with an explanation of variances.
• Submits timely Budget Modifications.
• Maintains contract files, Budget files, and funding source correspondences.
• Keeps an open communication with funding sources in order to resolve various issues.
• Assists in developing annual budget.
• Assists in programs and contracts audits.
• Supports the Agencys mission, vision, and code of ethics as stated in the Agencys Personnel Policies Manual.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by the Budget Supervisor, Assistant Budget Director, and Budget Director.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field.
• A minimum of 5 years related experience required; supervising experience preferred.
• Must have Accounting System Abila MIP or similar experience required
• Working Knowledge of programmatic and fiscal requirements of a wide variety of public funding sources and regulatory agencies required. Knowledge of ACS Prevention, ACS Learn or Federal Head Start contracts is preferred.
• Mastery of Excel spreadsheet, development, manipulation and ability to learn the accounting software is essential.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills, both oral and written, required.
• Ability to work as a part of a team is essential.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment