We are seeking a bi-lingual customer service station agent for long term contract position.
- Answer basic questions to customers about our service (Q&A available on our website, for reference). No money exchange for ticketing.
- Able to calmly deescalate any issues that may arise.
- Direct customers to our Customer Service hotline for all other inquiries (24/7 availability)
- Provide real-time information on departure & arrival times (schedule and live tracking available through our company app)
- Direct our customers to the customer waiting area on the lot.
- Assist buses to enter lot.
- Help organize passengers by bus/destination.
- Lifting of luggage – up to 50 pounds
- Clear written and oral communication in English and Spanish a MUST; other languages a plus!
- Previous customer service experience, ideally 2+ years in hospitality or customer-facing retail, banking, etc.
- Ability to problem-solve, react quickly to an ever-changing environment
- Ability to work independently with little-to-no supervision (post training)
- Tech savvy – can use a smart phone and Microsoft Teams application plus our proprietary Driver’s App on an Android device to assist passengers with information and check-in customers for their ride
- Must be reliable with reliable transportation to Downtown Los Angeles, and punctual
- Comfortable working in an outdoor environment, mostly evenings (security guards are present during the entire shift.)
- Physical requirements: On their feet 90% of the shift (although seating is available when there are no buses in the station.)
- High school degree as a minimum; some college preferred
- Steady/continuous work – not a “job hopper.”
- Comfort in taking control of situations with upset customers (missed their bus, delays, left behind, etc.) and ability to come up with solutions to de-escalate and get customers on their way with remote support
- Solid references from previous employers; eligible for rehire, etc.
- Friendly, patient, personable and professional at all times
- High attention to detail, able to multi-task (e.g., several buses in the station at one time, able to accurately direct customers to their bus.)
- Available ‘swing shift’ (1p – 7p, 5 nights/week.)