This role will primarily manage the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs to make sure plans run smoothly, assure company compliance with benefit laws and regulations, as well as develop, recommend, and implement new or modified plans. The individual will be an integral member of the US operations team and will also support other HR functional areas.
- Implement, communicate and administer all US benefits programs, processes and systems. This includes group medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment, disability, state and Federal leaves, EAP, flexible accounts, pension plan, and 401(k) plan.
- Assure company complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to benefits plans including ERISA, HIPAA, ACA, FMLA, etc. Reviews and analyzes changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and reports necessary or suggested changes to management.
- Monitor effectiveness of programs and makes recommendations on benefits enhancements and changes, model cost impact, improve processes and plan designs to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Plan, manage, and implement annual open enrollment process. Manages annual benefits contract renewals, monitor and analyze the cost of benefits plans, assess utilization and cost drivers. Identify alternatives to delivering appropriate benefits while minimizing costs.
- Prepare and execute, with legal consultation, benefits documentation, such as original and amended plan texts, benefit agreements and insurance policies. Prepare and present communication materials to employees and former employees about benefit programs, procedures, changes, and government-mandated disclosures.
- Manage timely and accurate auditing including invoice reconciliation and employee benefit records to ensure accuracy and compliance at all times.
- Assist in the development of union bargaining proposals for employee benefits and analyze union benefits demands. Obtain and prepare cost data for company and union proposals and final settlements.
- Monitor and evaluate HR and Payroll systems to ensure they adequately support benefits administration. Facilitate integrations to automate processes, improve access to information, and enable reporting and analytics.
- Handle benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Maintain strong relationships with the Companys vendors and consultants and ensures quality of service are achieved.
- Manage company wellness programs and activities to keep employees actively engaged in their personal health.
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in related field required
- Certifications preferred (CBP, CEBS, PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP)
- At least 8 years of benefits experience in multi-site, multi-state environment, of which a minimum of 3 years of experience in Benefits delivery required – broad based and progressive experience in developing and implementing benefits programs
- Deep and current knowledge of compliance requirements and best practices related to US benefits plans (health and retirement)
- Knowledgeable about general HR practices
- Significant experience with 401(k), pension, and life insurance plans a plus
- Experience in Workday system strongly desired, or other equivalent cloud based system
- Strong Excel skills with proficiency in the use of functions and pivot tables
- Proven ability to prioritize workload while multi-task and meet deadlines
- Adaptable, flexible, can flourish in a high-paced work environment
- Proactive and solutions oriented, takes initiative and follows through
- High level of organizational skills and very detail-oriented and accurate
- Friendly, approachable and service oriented
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required during open enrollment.
- Location: East Windsor, NJ