The Benefits Specialist is responsible for providing information, service and assistance related to Pension and Health & Welfare plans in a contact center environment taking inbound calls and working on client request via a variety of channels. The position is responsible for special tasks and projects as assigned.
· Provides customer service assistance for situations regarding Pension and Health & Welfare plans. Responsible for maintaining high standards of quality in these interactions/transactions.
· Accepts benefit plan inquiries from plan participants, retirees and beneficiaries as well as from other company and Diocesan personnel; resolves most questions and problems; refers only the most complex issues to a more senior member of the department; utilizes system(s) and other department resources to obtain necessary information to answer questions and provide information; documents all activity and maintains accurate records of all referrals.
· Accesses the system(s) in order to obtain necessary information to answer questions and provide information to customers and various company personnel. Ensure changes, correction, or other actions on the system are documented and records maintained.
· Responds to web mail inquiries within delegated authority.
· Aids other Client Service Representatives and department staff; performs other administrative and processing tasks as requested such as but not limited to sending correspondence, paperwork and forms to plan participants and sponsoring employers.
· Strong knowledge of CRM, Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Excellent communication (both verbal and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
· Proven ability in judgment and handling angry/irate customers.
· Ability to expeditiously process quality transactions and provide follow-up as necessary.
· Ability to work as a team member and achieve team goals in a “client-focused” environment.
· Experience with Pension and/or Health & Welfare benefits plans.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· 2+ years experience in a contact center environment.
· Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.