Institution in Nassau County is seeking a Benefits Coordinator to assist employees with benefits, maintain employee data base, supplement payroll, assist with the management all insurance billings and maintain employee files. Position is temp to hire with the opportunity for long term growth.
- Administers various employee benefit programs, such as group insurance, life, medical and dental, accident and disability, insurance, pensions, investments, and savings; and health maintenance organizations.
- Coordinates human resources procedures to initiate benefits such as profit sharing, disability insurance, medical and life insurance.
- Provide benefit orientations, enrollments, claims processing and self billings of insurance. Process and maintain all status reports and pay changes, both on computer and paper system. Done timely and accurately including the COBRA program.
- Prepare and maintain employee files, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentially. i.e : unemployment claims, verifications, I9 status and State regulations.
- Update and maintain employee files regarding the tracking of raises and assist Payroll Coordinator with benefit deductions or additions in company payroll system.
- Handle and coordinate all employee incentive programs.
- Assist Payroll Coordinator in the preparation of payroll, entering hours, deductions, rate changes, transfers etc.
- Prepare and maintain bi-weekly employee listings, new hire, and absentee reports. Maintain and update company organizational charts, phone directory and other requested reports as needed.
- Assist employees in filing health, dental, life, and all other related and deferred benefit claims.
- Implement new benefit programs; arranges and conducts employee information presentations and enrollments.
- Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintains statistical data relative to premiums, claims, and costs. Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
- Maintains files of profit sharing plan history, profit sharing data, correspondence, reports, and forms.
- Assists the Director of Fringe Benefits in obtaining statistics and information in renewal process of any Health, Life and Retirement plans that benefit the company.
- Prepare and setup meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive programs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Effective communication skills, oral & written.
- Experience in Word,Excel, ADP Payroll and other applicable database programs helpful.
- Knowledge of Company policies/procedures & benefit package or the ability & willingness to learn.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effectively communicate with people in potentially stressful situations.
Bachelors degree and two (2) to four (4) years in benefits or related benefits administration experience