Benefits and Leave of Absence Administrator
A global Law firm is seeking a Benefits and Leave administrator to join their growing organization of over 850 lawyers. This position is responsible for all LOA's (USA/International). In addition this position will implement and oversee various employee benefits programs.
- HR System/Financial Reporting:
- Monitor, review and take necessary actions in response to all Workday notifications and benefit events – including but not limited to new hire enrollments, qualifying life events, job changes affecting benefit eligibility and address changes
- Review eligibility file error reports from vendors and take action as needed
- Generate and review benefit deduction files each pay period.Calculate retroactive adjustments and domestic partner imputed income.
- Generate and review other general ledger reporting files.
- Reconcile and pay benefits department invoices.
- Calculate and report to external tax advisors the annual employer benefit costs for all employees who worked outside the U.S. during the year
- Administer all leaves of absence from start to finish as they relate to workers compensation, short-term disability, long-term disability, parental leave, family leave, and intermittent time off.This includes communicating policies and procedures to employees, filing claims with insurance carrier, assisting employees with filing claims with various states, keeping in constant communication with the employee, and reporting pay-related changes in a timely manner to the Payroll Department.
- Work closely with the HR Business Partners and HR Compliance Manager with regards to leaves and accommodation requests that require HR input and guidance.
- Additional responsibilities include assisting with compiling data for the firms annual OSHA reporting obligations, as well as the annual workers compensation renewals.
- Assist with coordinating the annual individual disability insurance open enrollment period.
- Assist Supervisor, Benefits with regular communications pertaining to parental-related resources and topics
- Other Responsibilities:
- Assist partners and employees with questions and issue-resolution
- Assist Manager, Benefits and Supervisor, Benefits with other tasks and projects, as needed
- Strong knowledge, understanding and ability to interpret laws, regulations and policies and they relate to leaves of absence and intermittent time off – including but not limited to FMLA, ADA, New York DBL and PFL, Washington D.C. FMLA and PFL, California SDI, PFL, PDL, and San Francisco PPLO
- Intermediate-Advanced skills in Excel required as well as comprehensive knowledge of the Microsoft office suite; Internet research skills; familiarity with HR systems preferred (Workday a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to independently research and analyze various types of data and develop meaningful results/recommendations
- Strong, professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish a high degree of trust and credibility at all levels within the firm
- Able to work effectively both autonomously, as well as collaboratively. Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment consistently and deliver high quality results in a timely manner; responsive and service-oriented
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; highly detail oriented
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least three years prior benefits administration and leave of absence experience