Our client, an AM 200 firm, is seeking a New York licensed Bankruptcy Attorney with 2 to 4 years of experience. The attorney will begin working remotely and will eventually join the midtown Manhattan office.
This position will be in the firm’s Bankruptcy and Corporate Restructuring Group, which regularly works with a large number of sophisticated corporations, investors, and lenders of every type and size. The team brings practical and cost sensitive work ethic to each transaction. They engage in complex in and out-of-court corporate restructurings, state and federal insolvency proceedings, and high stakes bankruptcy litigation. When the need arises, the team turns to the experience and knowledge base from other practice groups in the firm including corporate, tax, real estate, environmental, and litigation.
The ideal candidate must have recent experience in a bankruptcy practice handling matters ranging from out-of-court restructurings, Chapter 11 and 15 bankruptcy cases, to financing and sales transactions. Salary commensurate with experience.
If you have the requisite background and are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please submit an updated resume in Word format, which highlights your recent Bankruptcy background as it relates to the position.
- Representing corporations, investors, lenders, directors and officers
- Handling Chapter 11 and 15 bankruptcy cases
- Out-of-court restructurings
- Financing and sales transactions
- Legal writing and research
- Actively licensed to practice law and in good standing in the State of New York
- 2 to 4 years of Bankruptcy experience
- Experience working on Chapter 11 and/or 15 matters
- Knowledge in out-of-court restructurings
- Strong academic credentials
- Must have strong analytic, research, writing, and communication skills
- Litigation experience is a plus