Dept: Maintenance Dept
This position combines the necessary responsibilities of a Master Mechanic, robotics and PLC Technician to provide hands-on Master level technical support. Performs mechanical (set-up, fine-tuning), PLC programming work, provides technical expertise, troubleshoots production problems for automated filling and packaging lines. Participates/ advises on engineering evaluation documentation and/or written validation of PLC/ Computer controlled equipment for all products within assigned facility.
Major Duties / Responsibilities
- Assist production areas in meeting schedules by troubleshooting problems with any/all site mechanical equipment as well as PLC/Computer controlled equipment and/or working with vendors to restart equipment as needed.
- Support new equipment installation, line extensions, validation activities, process improvements and equipment set-up instructions (ESI) feedback; this may include participation during a factory-acceptance test (FAT), supporting the IQ/OQ by making needed adjustments to the equipment, performing equipment changes.
- Ensure that new or upgraded equipment works properly by working with engineering, operations and vendors to test validate and document PLC controls as well as provide technical review and input for the change control process.
- Support development and execution of preventative maintenance programs.
- Partner with packaging and training on developing and executing mechanics and set up techs training plans. Evaluate a and monitor performance of mechanics and set up techs, provide hands on training and support.
- Suggest/Initiate/Support process improvement efforts within the production/packaging and manufacturing operations areas including but not limited to system control improvements, 5S, PLC technology implementation as well as production/packaging engineering
Requirements: This position requires a minimum of 6 years of hands on Maintenance Mechanic experience as well as a minimum of 2 years of experience in robotics, PLC Controls/automated systems controls. Bachelor’s degree in electrical or Mechanical engineering and/or advanced mechanical/electrical or PLC certifications preferred. Knowledge of the following systems/equipment helpful:
•Comadis tube fillers
•Murzan, Graco, Waukesha Pumps
•Cam/P.MM carton machines
•Vertical/Zanasi boxing equipment
•HV/HMM CAM carton machine
•Campbell Wrapper machines
•Filz alls liquid filler equipment
•Jones boxing equipment
•Unit Dose filling lines
•Monoblock liquid filling line
•SAAS suppository fillers