Attorney – Risk & Compliance
On Call Counsel is seeking an attorney with Compliance and Risk analysis experience. This is a long term contract role and will be located in Manhattan. Candidates must be able to work a standard work schedule (Monday through Friday; 9AM - 5PM).
Candidates must be admitted and good standing with the New York State bar.
- Help prepare and review investigative reports, vendor contracts, agency contracts, etc. to ensure compliance.
- Consult in areas including but not limited to audit, tax, finance, labor, etc.
- Conduct research related to legal cases, opinions, decisions, lien documents, laws, statutes, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to ensure vendor compliance.
- Assists in the review and interpretation of existing laws, rules and regulations, law related and otherwise.
- Evaluates the legal aspects of proposals affecting Agency operations.
- Reviews agency contracts in order to determine whether vendors are in compliance with the terms and conditions as they relate to price, performance, etc.
- Recommend resolutions for complex contract compliance matters, including vendor reimbursement of funds received through erroneous billing and other corrective actions.
- Research prospective vendors Processes, records, and stores information including, but not limited to, compiling, reviewing, and maintaining all information and evidence gathered pertaining to qualifications, histories, and allegations of impropriety regarding vendors and their owners, officers and employees.
- Prepares reports containing information collected from background checks.
- Knowledge and experience with matters of vendor responsibility, contract compliance, or government procurement.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, leadership, organizational, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; critical writing and problem-solving skills.
- Performs detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and research tools.
- Strong Excel skills to analyze large amounts of data and report in summary format.