Attorney – Investigative
- Reviews investigative reports, both substantiated and unsubstantiated, to ensure that all allegations have been addressed, all necessary witnesses have been interviewed, and that the investigation was thoroughly conducted.
- Reviews investigative files to ensure that all necessary documentation has been filed in accordance with investigative policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance to investigative staff regarding report quality and content.
- Conducts comprehensive searches of the client's database.
- Confers with other departments on subject matter specialists, technical experts, and administrative trial attorneys.
- Conducts research and prepares legal briefs and memoranda on education law issues.
- Reviews complex, important, or highly technical laws, rules or regulations.
- Admission to the New York State Bar.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication capabilities and interpersonal skills.