Attorney – Investigative
On Call Counsel is seeking a New York licensed attorney with special investigation experience. The role will be working with a government special investigation team, in downtown Brooklyn, and will be long-term contract. The day to day will consist of: performing reviews of investigative reports related to highly confidential and sensitive investigations concerning the corruption, misconduct, or other illegal, unethical, or improper activities of agency officials or employees, and the development and implementation of plans and programs for the control, tracking and prevention of such corruption, misconduct, or other illegal, unethical or improper practices.
- Reviews investigative reports, both substantiated and unsubstantiated, to ensure that all allegations have been addressed, all necessary witnesses have been interviewed, and that the investigation was thoroughly conducted.
- Reviews investigative files to ensure that all necessary documentation has been filed in accordance with investigative policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance to investigative staff regarding report quality and content.
- Conducts comprehensive searches of the client's database.
- Confers with other departments on subject matter specialists, technical experts, and administrative trial attorneys.
- Conducts research and prepares legal briefs and memoranda on education law issues.
- Reviews complex, important, or highly technical laws, rules or regulations.
- Admission to the New York State Bar.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication capabilities and interpersonal skills.