Associate Vice President Network Operations
Our client is a recognized leader in the emotional health field, providing much needed services in a variety of settings. Whether through advocacy, education, innovation, therapy referral services, community programs, crisis and support helplines, emotional wellness awareness or emotional crisis preparation and management, our client relies on its purpose driven approach to help others who are struggling. With strict adherence to core values that promote dignity, respect, and mental and emotional wellbeing for all, our client seeks individuals who align with their mission and want to make a difference, providing care and support, one person at a time.
Currently, our client is seeking talented and dedicated individuals to join one of their newest ventures in support of a 24/7/365 crisis helpline that will change the accessibility for anyone trying to cope with mental or emotional challenges which could be life threatening.
The AVP, crisis helpline Network Operations supports the VP, crisis helpline Network Services, and Chief Lifeline and crisis helpline Officer in the overall direction, management, and administration of all aspects of the crisis helpline operations, including its programs, services, and operating performance in support of strategic objectives. They will provide specific oversight of workforce, operations, and specialized services toward achieving optimally efficient connection of all persons in crisis to the appropriate counselors at network centers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibits organizational leadership across Lifeline-wide operations in lockstep with the VP, crisis helpline Network Services (50%)
- Leads teams responsible for all components of seamless end-to-end network operations, including center-level operations, workforce management, recruitment and retention, and other critical services
- Identifies and implements operational enablers to optimize network performance in support of crisis helpline’s strategic direction
- Drives visibility into day-to-day operations across the crisis helpline network, managing centers to key performance indicators and using data to drive decision-making
- Drives functional agility of critical end to end processes, towards assuring rapid access to care and seamless data collection and reporting, implementing automation where possible
- Works closely with the VP, crisis helpline Network Services to align all departments around strategic objectives, ensuring efforts are delivered consistently in an efficient and effective way
- Monitors execution and progress of department performance as it relates to grant expectations and strategic priorities
- Conducts general management and executes effective business planning for crisis helpline (40%)
- Prepares reports for the VP, crisis helpline Network Services, surfacing crisis helpline issues, identifying opportunities for improvement, and recommending initiatives and amendments to policies and programs when applicable
- Develops, with the VP, crisis helpline Network Services, the business plan to support strategic priorities and sustained future growth
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of an appropriate management structure at Lifeline
- Works with our client departments (Corporate Excellence, IT, Legal) to establishes internal procedures to manage risk and compliance, assessing the impact of external decisions and forces, and taking action to manage risk exposure
- Other activities (10%)
- Engages in professional development activities (e.g., leadership and DEIB trainings)
- Dedicates time to mentoring employees throughout our client (may be outside crisis helpline)
- Skilled at building and maintaining relationships across different teams at multiple senior levels
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and develop a high-performance culture
- Proven ability to develop and execute Lifeline-wide initiatives
- Knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements affecting operational decisions
- Builds and mentors a strong, motivated, collegial, and diverse team of directors, fostering collaboration to achieve collective success
- Excellent problem-solving and conceptual thinking skills (e.g., problem structuring)
- Ability to focus on clear goals and achieving targets
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a bias for action and implementation
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership strategy or operations role at a helpline or (preferably) crisis hotline
- Master's degree in Healthcare, Public Health, Policy, or Social Sciences (e.g., MPH, MPA, MSW or other health-related fields) or MBA preferred
- Interest in mental health/suicide prevention strongly preferred
Salary: $140K - $150K
Excellent comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental income insurance, pre-tax transit/parking, pre-tax FSA for medical and dependent care, and 401K available. 4 weeks’ vacation, plum benefits, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.