Associate Supporter Relations
We are looking for exceptional people to join a world-wide team of dedicated, passionate, professionals. Our team are creative and highly motivated individuals working to make a positive impact.
Come join us!
The Associate, Supporter Relations delivers on the vision of the fundraising team through fulfilling systemized supporter relations to strengthen long-term commitment from our supporter base. As an integral member of the Development team, the Associate, Supporter Relations, will ensure that supporter needs are met in a timely, professional, and appropriate manner and that we provide first class supporter services to our supporters and volunteers.
This role will work in collaboration with a third-party donation processing vendor to ensure consistent processing and thanking of donations, will handle inquiries from our supporters, processing donations, updating supporter records in our donor database, and ultimately ensuring that interactions with supporters further engages them with us and creates a positive and fulfilling experience with our organization.
The Associate, Supporter Relations will report to the Manager, Engagement. This is a full-time role based at headquarters in New York City, starting as soon as possible. ?
- Responding promptly to supporter inquiries through various channels, ensuring that supporters are communicated with courteously and in a timely manner by telephone, email, or mail.
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward supporters at all times.
- Acknowledging and resolving supporter complaints.
- Processing supporter requests and donations and updating database records and systems with supporter interactions, transactions, comments, and complaints.
- Communicating and coordinating with internal colleagues as necessary to facilitate supporter inquiries or requests.
- Assisting with annual review of supporter relations policies, procedures, and communication templates to ensure up-to-date and effective supporter engagement and provide feedback on the efficiency of the supporter relations process.
- Supporting in-house mail and donation processing and tax receipt fulfillment
- Supporting with additional administrative, events, and database management tasks related to supporter relations as determined.
Our ideal candidate has/is?
- 1+ years relevant experience with supporter relations or customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project and time management skills with high attention
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.