On Call Counsel is seeking an
Associate Attorney with 3 - 5 years of settlement negotiation experience. This
is a long-term temporary opportunity and will be located in downtown Brooklyn.
Candidates must have at least three years of substantive legal experience and
must be in good standing with the New York State bar association.
- Confers with special education
specialists, technical experts, and other attorneys, including counsel for
- Negotiates and implements the
settlement of claims.
- Reviews and negotiates claims for
- Researches state and federal case
law and implications for settlement negotiations.
- Works with public advocacy groups,
parents and private attorneys to arrive at mutually beneficial settlements.
- Reviews, revises and approves
stipulations of settlements.
- Analyzes the relative strength of
impartial hearing cases and evaluates the appropriateness of plaintiffs’
- Acts as a liaison with the Office
of Corporation Counsel on attorney’s fee matters.
- 3 - 5 years of settlement
- Experience reviewing and
summarizing case material and legal documents
- Attending and participating in court
appearances and conferences (settlement conferences are a plus!)
- Admitted and in good standing with
the New York State Bar Association