Assistant Principal – Middle School – Harlem, NYC
School Professionals is searching for a talented, vested, mission-driven Assistant Principal for a wonderful charter school uptown. The best candidates will bring the heart-felt mission for their students to achieve in a positive environment and a history of past success of contributing to an inner-city school community.
Competitive salary + bonus structure and a strong benefit packaged offered.
- Collaborate with School Principal to implement curriculum
- Assist teaching staff to be their most effective, using the best instructional practices and to be aware of student progress using benchmark and interim assessments
- Participate in the hiring process as well as the training of teachers via a method-based, planned program involving instructional materials and equipment, teaching aids, and the training of the newest classroom procedures
- Reviews syllabi, lesson plans and Quarterly and Year-End Assessments during the summer and school year to ensure rigor, grade-level appropriateness, and alignment with the Common Core State Standards
- Attend teacher meetings, supports teachers, and facilitates positive faculty dynamics
- Participate in the coordination developing and implementing the school schedule
- Support of the School Principal to ensure that responsibilities assigned are completed
- Master’s degree REQUIRED
- 6+ years of experience is required, with 3+ years of experience in an administrative/leadership capacity REQUIRED
- Valid New York State School Building Leader (SBL) or School District Leader (SDL) certification
- Ability to demonstrate a successful track record in teaching experience and/or administrative experience
- Extensive course work experience in curriculum development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills