The Adult Home Plus Care Coordinator (Case Manager) functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide care coordination to a caseload of severely mentally ill adults with multiple medical comorbidities and/or co-occurring substance abuse disorders and/or medically ill individuals.
- Conducts initial and ongoing assessments of assigned clients to document strengths, needs, goals and resources.
- Direct communications with Managed Care Plans (MCP) and Managed Long Term Care (MLTC) plans
- Ability to handle a case load of up to 12 clients and visit each on a weekly basis
- Participates in the development/documentation /review and update of client centered comprehensive, integrated, interdisciplinary care plan
- Maintains effective communications with clients, primary care physicians, substance abuse and mental healthcare providers, family, collateral resources and other Agency staff on behalf of clients.
- Maintains documents, records, statistics, and other related reports
- Coordinates care planning with other providers of services/ resources to ensure goal directed, collaborative care, including care transitions.
- Acts as a linkage to community services including medical, behavioral, residential, entitlement and any other needed services per interdisciplinary care plan.
Bachelor’s degree in the related field and 4 years of experience or a Master’s degree in the related field and 2 years of experience.
Skills and/or Experience Required:
- Working knowledge of computer software and electronic health record systems
- Knowledge of Medicaid, Social Security and other entitlements preferred.
- You must have the ability and willingness to travel regularly, in some instances with clients in Agency vehicles, to many locations using various modes of reliable and safe transportation