The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and clerical support to the Program Director of Transitional Housing. S/he must accurately enter Client Assistance and Rehousing Enterprise System (CARES) monthly billing, prepare billing for the Program Director’s signature and correct CARES related billing as directed by the Contracts Department designee and the Program Director.
- Update the daily client list and distribute to all members of the Program Services staff twice a day.
- Ensure client chart maintenance and upkeep of the chart room.
- Responsible for the breakdown and storage of discharged clients charts.
- Responsible for the timely processing and filing of Department of Homeless Services incident reports/incident report follow up and maintain confidential information.
- Ensure bulletin board information is accurate and updated with internal and external information for clients and staff.
- Prepare DHS monthly billing for the Program Directors signature and submission to the Contracts Department.
- Organize van schedules and initiate van requests.
- Collect and submit reports to the Research and Evaluation Department. Perform accurate Client Assistance and Rehousing Enterprise System (CARES) data input to ensure compliance with the NYS Office of Temporary Disability Assistance (OTDA) regulatory requirements, NYC Department of Homeless Services (DHS) contractual requirements
- Schedule and coordinate trainings and events along with Social Services staff, and the Income Building staff
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Type 50wpm and be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication and organizational skills