Accounts Receivable Clerk
We are currently seeking a Bilingual Accounts Receivable Clerk to work within an international cargo services company in the Inwood area. Interested candidates will perform daily invoicing functions within the finance division of the company. Support accounts payable and accounts receivable by generating accurate, complete, and timely invoices utilizing the operating and billing software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist team members with obtaining needed documents and respond to customer requests outside of normal billing periods.
- Respond to customer inquiries about billing and general information.
- Receive and retrieve files from Operations Agents containing information related to shipments or services provided.
- Review documentation related to quotes for shipments or services and review client rates reflected in the file for accuracy.
- Review and validate costs versus pricing as presented utilizing the information contained in the file(s).
- Investigate discrepancies with the price list and freight bills by referring to the information in the documentation files.
- Validate transaction’s profit and generate sales and costs figures in the operating system, Magaya.
- Generate and forward invoices to the client and billing for providers.
- Turn over completed files to Accounts Payable for processing.
- Generate weekly billing report for management utilizing Magaya and QuickBooks and ensure reports are up to date and accurate for senior management.
- On a monthly basis, close the month by validating that the month end reports foot to corresponding weekly reports.
- Assist with audits.
- Review and respond to all e-mails daily.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and record customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Maintain and update customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing addresses.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Create reports regarding the status of customer accounts as requested.
- Research customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the station manager and other staff.
- Reconciles accounts receivable on a periodic basis.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements.
- Assists Finance Manager and/or station manager in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- Copy files and retrieve materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of general accounts receivable and invoicing experience.
- Ability to work well with numbers and the processing of financial information.
- Exceptional knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel).
- Bilingual: English/Spanish – spoken and written.
- Results-driven, resourceful and teamwork oriented.
- High degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to occasionally work extended hours and/or weekends.