The AP Specialist supports the accounting functions of a fast paced and growing business, providing high-level support and customer service company-wide. This position is responsible for processing multi-state weekly payments, wire transfers, credit card payments and reconciliation. The position requires attention to detail and prompt turn-around on emails.
- Review invoices for accuracy and completeness and enter invoice information to system for payment on a daily basis.
- Maintain Vendor files
- Research, analyze and resolve payment and vendor issues.
- Maintain and generate reporting of payment analysis.
- Provide follow up on identified issues and discrepancies.
- Responsible for credit card payments, ACH transactions and other specialty transactions
- Interact with locations to ensure correct application of cash payments
- Sort, code and match invoices
- Enter and upload invoices into system
- Prepare and perform check run
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients' billing issues
- Assist with month-end closing
- Ability to work under time constraints using time management and organization skills, adjusting priorities based on workload or direction from customer or management.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Minimum three to five years of experience in Accounts Payable.
- AA Degree or equivalent work experience.