A law firm is looking for an accounting supervisor to join their team to primarily:
- Provide high volume of billing and collections support to partners.
- Coordinates client accounting activity for assigned partners and practice areas.
- Responds to client requests.
- Secondarily supervises the daily activity of department personnel and ensures operating needs are met.
problem solving assistance and participates in large department projects
- Produces complex and detailed bills with attention to time edits and transfers, client Outside Counsel
Guidelines, and Special Billing Arrangements.
- Provides appropriate supporting documentation
including charts, time detail and disbursement backup.
- Prepares electronic bills (E-bills) in compliance with client requirements and deadlines.
with E-billing group, partners and clients to resolve submission issues. Follows up promptly on
rejections and adjustments.
- Coordinates with multiple partners, clients, insurance carriers and third parties regarding bills and
- Performs complex, detailed analysis and reconciliation on billing, payments, fees and disbursements.
- Ensures billing staff follows through with assigned Engagement Partners to complete all billing
- Conducts monthly review of partner investment reports.
- Handles multiple complex billing and client analysis projects.
- Prepares bills and internal forms including appropriate back-up required to process requests.
- Implements Client Accounting procedures, processes and goals by coordinating work effort including
timely preparation of client bills and follow-up on outstanding balances.
- Trains, mentors and assists Client Accounting team, as needed.
- Communicates with internal and external clients in a manner that is professional, knowledgeable and
reflective of the Firm's strategy with respect to billing outstanding amounts.
- Develops strong working relationships with others in the department in order to maximize collection
- Coordinates and oversees department projects, day-to-day operations and long-range plans.
- Effectively utilizes the Firm's performance management process to communicate performance
expectations, monitor performance, coach employees, and manage unsatisfactory performance.
- Prepares performance evaluations and recommends salary increases.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective
work relationships with others.
- Monitors time, attendance, overtime, and expense reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with
- Ensures current knowledge of firm policies and practices for staff, current knowledge of industry
trends, and continued professional development for staff.
- Develops and communicates departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures accurate and timely responses to requests for departmental services.
- Knowledge of Client Accounting best practices, trends and techniques
Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to effectively supervise others
- Ability to administer Firm policies and procedures
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and delegate effectively
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Flexible to travel
Minimum of three years client accounting (billing) and/or related financial experience in a law firm or professional services firm environment to include experience with Aderant or similar accounting
software applications & Two years of supervisory or leadership experience