He or she is responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, SEC requirements and US GAAP.
- Implementing and validating necessary financial reports
- Developing KPIs, identifying financial risks and trending towards financial goals -
- Collaborating with Division CFO to establish financial processes and maximize efficiency of daily operations -
- Working with Corporate Accounting team to supply data necessary for monthly close
- Properly allocating resources to projects in order to drive cost efficiency and compliance with approved budget
- Accomplishes accounting human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Develops accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes accounting operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Provides financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information; advising departments on the collection and analysis of data.
- Maintains sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations.
- Minimizes legally required taxes by studying regulations; presenting tax strategies to management; filing returns.
- Maximizes sales margin by recommending product and service pricing policies.
- Minimizes inventory investment by analyzing turns; recommending inventory levels and reorder points.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting and at least 10 years of previous experience, preferably within the Construction or Development space.
- Must have experience building and successfully leading a team within a large organization. Proficiency in MS Excel is required.
- This position will go to an innovative and hands-on individual, with excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt in an ever-changing environment.
- Staffing, Forecasting, Financial Planning and Strategy, Strategic Planning, Financial Diagnosis, Quality Management, Dealing with Complexity, Managing Processes, Reporting Research Results, Decision Making, Accounting