Ahighly successful and rapidly expanding Startup Organization is currentlyseeking a Director of Accounting to join their team. This is a greatopportunity to take the next step in your career with a company at theforefront of its industry. Candidate is responsible for overseeing the GeneralAccounting and Financial Reporting functions and the financial services areaincluding Credit, A/R and A/P. He or she isresponsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls thatwill ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that allfinancial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, SECrequirements and US GAAP.
- Implementing and validating necessary financial reports
- Developing KPIs, identifying financial risks and trending towards financial goals -
- Collaborating with Division CFO to establish financial processes and maximize efficiency of daily operations -
- Working with Corporate Accounting team to supply data necessary for monthly close
- Properly allocating resources to projects in order to drive cost efficiency and compliance with approved budget
- Accomplishes accounting human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Develops accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes accounting operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Provides financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information; advising departments on the collection and analysis of data.
- Maintains sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations.
- Minimizes legally required taxes by studying regulations; presenting tax strategies to management; filing returns.
- Maximizes sales margin by recommending product and service pricing policies.
- Minimizes inventory investment by analyzing turns; recommending inventory levels and reorder points.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting and at least 10 years of previous experience, preferably within the Construction or Development space.
- Must have experience building and successfully leading a team within a large organization. Proficiency in MS Excel is required.
- This position will go to an innovative and hands-on individual, with excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt in an ever-changing environment.
- Staffing, Forecasting, Financial Planning and Strategy, Strategic Planning, Financial Diagnosis, Quality Management, Dealing with Complexity, Managing Processes, Reporting Research Results, Decision Making, Accounting