highly successful and rapidly expanding Startup Organization is currently
seeking a Director of Accounting to join their team. This is a great
opportunity to take the next step in your career with a company at the
forefront of its industry. Candidate is responsible for overseeing the General
Accounting and Financial Reporting functions and the financial services area
including Credit, A/R and A/P.
He or she is
responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that
will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all
financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, SEC
requirements and US GAAP.
- Implementing and validating necessary financial reports
- Developing KPIs, identifying financial risks and trending towards financial goals -
- Collaborating with Division CFO to establish financial processes and maximize efficiency of daily operations -
- Working with Corporate Accounting team to supply data necessary for monthly close
- Properly allocating resources to projects in order to drive cost efficiency and compliance with approved budget
- Accomplishes accounting human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and
financial information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking
and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with
accounting operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing
critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and
customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources;
resolving problems; implementing change.
financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation;
collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information; advising
departments on the collection and analysis of data.
sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations.
legally required taxes by studying regulations; presenting tax strategies
to management; filing returns.
sales margin by recommending product and service pricing policies.
inventory investment by analyzing turns; recommending inventory levels and
job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading
professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in
department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting and at least 10 years of previous experience, preferably within the Construction or Development space.
- Must have experience building and successfully leading a team within a large organization. Proficiency in MS Excel is required.
- This position will go to an innovative and hands-on individual, with excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt in an ever-changing environment.
- Staffing, Forecasting, Financial Planning and Strategy, Strategic Planning, Financial Diagnosis, Quality Management, Dealing with Complexity, Managing Processes, Reporting Research Results, Decision Making, Accounting