- Handles complex billing and client analysis projects.
- Reviews outstanding balance reports and is proactive about trouble spots.
- Understands and responds to inquiries and requests made by clients, attorneys and support staff.
- Provides relevant knowledge and support to others in the Firm.
- Ability to formulate strong work team relationships both internally and externally.
- Prepares bills and internal forms including appropriate back-up required to process monthly reminder memos, A/R write-offs, retainer and on-account applications, etc.
- Handles assigned partner(s) billing and collection activity.
- Documents meetings/discussions with partners for actions and/or later follow-up.
- Actively seeks to enhance knowledge of all Client Accounting procedures and processes.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date files for each partner and/or client.
- Updates and maintains logs for billing, reminder memos and responses.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Aderant, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Ability to work and develop skills independently
- Deals courteously and effectively with others
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting abilities
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs