School Professionals, a division of the TemPositions Group of Companies, is currently searching for a K-8th Grade Math Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. The school will be teaching virtually--live streaming from the classroom. The hired teacher will be teaching two 8th grade regular math classes, one 7th-8th Algebra class and an 8th grade Geometry class. The role is expected to last until December, with opportunity for extension or even permanent hire!
Requirements: Please apply online, at https://apps.tempositions.com/eregister/?stat=0&div=132
Your responsibilities as a classroom teacher will include:
- Carrying out the professional duties of a classroom teacher
- Adhering to school policies and School Professionals policies
- Possessing a positive attitude while working in a fast-paced environment
- Reporting for scheduled work reliably and punctually
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and supportive classroom environment
The right candidate will posse these skills and experience:
- BS / BA Degree in Math or Education.
- Florida Department of Education certification in Mathematics grades 5-9 is preferred, temporary or professional are acceptable.
- Must be able to teach Algebra and Geometry
- Must be supportive and respectful of the mission and tenets of the Roman Catholic Church; experience in Roman Catholic environment preferred.
- Must be flexible in assessing needs and strategies and adapt appropriately in a ministerial environment.
- Must be able to collaborate in a professional learning community to develop, implement and continuously improve the effectiveness of the curriculum and instruction to result in high levels of student achievement.
- Must have excellent classroom management skills.
- Excellent presentation skills with skill in use of instructional technologies
- Must have knowledge of basic tenets of Catholic Church.
- Excellent oral and written English -language communication skills, including clear speaking voice.
- Good spelling and grammar required.