Healthcare Reform Compliance: The Latest
- Does the U.S. Constitution require states to issues marriage licenses to same-sex partners?
- Does the U.S. Constitution require states to recognize same-sex marriages that were lawfully licensed and performed in other states?
- Whether an employee was offered coverage
- The employee share of the lowest cost plan
- Applicable Section 4980H Safe Harbor. If an employee is not offered insurance, there are indicator codes to communicate the reason for that in the last portion. This part is also a place for employers to indicate whether coverage was affordable based on a safe harbor. For example, coverage would be classified as affordable if it met a federal poverty level safe harbor, or a rate-of-pay safe harbor.