We have Government Attorney jobs available! On Call Counsel is seeking experienced New York barred Litigation Attorneys for a long-term contract assignment (with the possibility of transitioning into a permanent position) for a prestigious government agency.
• Assessing the discovery needs of an assigned matter, including identifying outstanding discovery needed and working with our client agencies to obtain the needed materials
• Drafting: written discovery responses, motions to dismiss and for summary judgment, affirmative discovery requests and motions (and responding to same)
• Performing substantive document review of both paper and electronic discovery materials
• Coordinating document productions and the creation of privilege logs
• Taking and defending depositions
Skills & Experience:
• At least three years of litigation experience
• Deposition experience preferred
• Admitted to practice in the S.D.NY and E.D.NY or the ability to become admitted
• L&E experience a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.